Conico Stratified Tank
The Conico Stratified Storage System is available with a number of different Thermo-Differential Valve configurations, to create the optimal thermal storage system for a range of different heating systems, with different stratification requirements.
Depending on the configuration, the stratification capabilities of the Conico Stratified Storage System can include:
- directing the solar return flow (which typically has a highly variable temperature) to the appropriate level in the storage system
- directing the space heating return flow in a combi-system (which typically has a different return flow temperature then the hot water preparation station) to the appropriate level
- directing the return flow from the hot water preparation station to the appropriate level, when it has a circulation mode (which causes spikes in the return flow temperature).
The Conico Stratified Storage System is supplied as a modular package, consisting of one or two high quality steel storage tanks - Made in Germany - with insulation, a set of Thermo-Differential Valves to suit the stratification requirements of the storage system, and a set of tubes and fittings for interconnecting the valves/inlets.
The benefits of using the Conico Stratified Storage System are:
- Increased performance and energy efficiency by creating and maintaining thermal stratification, which maximizes the temperature difference between the top and bottom of the storage tank, and minimizes thermal mixing of hot and cold water in the system
- Flexibility of using multiple tanks in series, whilst maintaining optimal stratification, and reducing heat loss in systems of multiple storage tanks, by keeping secondary tanks relatively cool
- Ability to bypass the storage tank when no useful heat is available, directing the flow straight to the auxiliary heat source
- All without the use of electronic controls and sensors
For more information please download the Conico Stratified Tank datasheet and the Conico Stratified Tank Application Guide.
Individual Thermo-Differential Valves
The Thermo-Differential Valve by Conico Valve Technology is a unique 3-way switching valve that presents a very effective, reliable and economic method of enhancing the thermal layering (stratification) in thermal storage systems with variable input temperatures (e.g. solar), or multiple input temperatures (e.g. heating & hot water combi-systems), thereby boosting their performance and thermal efficiency.
The benefits of using the Thermo-Differential valve are:
- No controller, sensors or thermowells required
- Increased reliability; simple and robust design with no electrical parts
- No electricity consumption
- Very easy installation; no wiring, no controller setup
The Thermo-Differential Valve is available in 2 versions;
- Directs the flow into the tank when it is hotter than the tank
- Recommended for use in the solar return flow
- Directs the flow into the tank when it is cooler than the tank
- Recommended for the space heating return flow in a combi-system, and the return flow of hot-water supply with circulation
For more information please download the Thermo-Differential Valve datasheet and the Thermo-Differential Valve Application Guide.